Dr. Patricia Celan is a resident physician in postgraduate psychiatry training.
She is also an abuse survivor.
And you can be, too.
As a child, she witnessed firsthand the damaging effect that abuse can have on adults and children alike, and struggled to maneuver escape and recovery from the trauma.
Patricia started this website to raise awareness about the intricacies of abuse and how to get away from it. While escaping abuse may be difficult and most victims need support to get through it, survivors agree – a life free of abuse is worth the effort.
Quoted in related articles:
– How Trauma Impacts Your Health
– Drinking & Domestic Violence
– Recognizing Emotional Abuse
– Abuse & Couples Counseling
– Why Narcissists Tend to Cheat
– How Narcissists Manipulate You
– Pets in Domestic Violence Shelters
– Surviving and Thriving After Divorce